Administrative Job Posting
Permanent, Full - Time Director of Student Services for Sisters School District
Posting Date: January 4, 2021
The Director of Student Services manages the district’s student services programs, which include; educational resource classrooms, self-contained special education classrooms, ECSE transition services, a transition center for young adults, ESY, psychological, and assessment services, behavioral resource services, speech pathologists, school nurses, FAN Advocates, counselors, 504, and TAG services. The Director collaborates with the District’s leadership team, teachers and specialists in order to provide high quality special education services, counseling services and related services as needed. The Director may partner with community agencies and may participate in state and local committees.
The Director of Student Services is a member of the Sisters School District leadership team and works collaboratively with the team to ensure success for all students.
EMPLOYEE VALUE PROPOSITION
Sisters School District is widely recognized as an implementer of innovative programs and support systems that make success possible for every student and team member. Our family-centered community enjoys a true hometown feel with outstanding school support. With plenty of sunshine and some of the country's most beautiful outdoor scenery and activities, it's the perfect place to live, learn and teach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for providing excellent customer service to SSD team members as a subject matter expert in student services functions.
• Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal skills in the course of supporting SSD team members.
• Partners with school administrators in developing highly effective educational programming for students.
• Supports school leaders and educators in maintaining inclusive positive and supportive learning environments for all students.
• Ensures compliance with required state and federal reports (including, but not limited to IDEA).
• Responsible for 504 (federal program) to support students that may require accommodations.
• Partners with school leaders in implementing effective multi-tiered systems of support (including, but not limited to behavior and academics).
• Development and follow-through of student services team goals and objectives.
• Attends educational support meetings, including individualized education plan (IEP) and 504 meetings as needed.
• Supervises and evaluates designated licensed and classified SSD team members.
• Leads and supports curriculum improvement efforts.
• Develops and leads SSD team member professional growth opportunities as it relates to student services functions.
• Serves as a subject matter expert in student services functions through consultation with other SSD team members.
• Develops and communicates work procedures based upon adopted school board policy.
• Cooperates with SSD team members to ensure articulation of services from school to school and grade to grade.
• Serves as a productive partner and liaison to stakeholder agencies in an effort to enhance SSD student services.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marginal duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
• Attends school board meetings as directed.
• Collaborates with the Human Resources Director to resolve grievances and other labor relations issues.
• Administers discipline to employees appropriately per district policy and negotiated agreements.
• Master’s Degree
• Oregon Administrator License (or qualifications to obtain)
• Oregon Special Education Endorsement (or qualifications to obtain)
• Five years as a Special Education Teacher
• Submission of Professional Application Materials
• Experience teaching in a general education classroom
• Principal experience
• Bilingual (Spanish)
• Management and supervision experience
• Administrative experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Demonstrated ability to manage systemic change and successfully implement reform initiatives that produce significant gains in closing the achievement gap.
• Demonstrated success managing programs at a school.
• Demonstrated knowledge of high leverage, research-based instructional strategies and models for improving instructional practices.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of data to assess student progress and inform instructional practice.
• Effective interpersonal skills in managing and interacting with diverse groups of stakeholders.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage conflict through quality decision-making and effective problem solving.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Google Suite Apps. Must be able to use District systems to perform routine tasks, such as performance management work, accessing financial reports and managing school staffing and budget information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally perform work beyond a standard 40-hour work week when workload requires.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
Start Date: July 1, 2021
Employment, Salary and Benefits:
• This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 230-day contract position, including 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days, bereavement and sick leave.
• Salary: $97,000.00 annually.
• Sisters School District offers several competitive and comprehensive benefits packages to team members, and contributes a district paid monthly amount towards these benefits. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, employee assistance (EAP) and wellness programs.
• Sisters School District offers additional optional benefits such as Section 125 Flexible Spending and/or Dependent Day Care accounts, 403(b) & 457 retirement savings plans, and other optional coverages.
• Employer-paid PERS is provided to qualified team members.
Position Closes: January 31, 2021
Please submit your letter of Interest, complete Talented Recruit & Hire Application, Resume, Oregon Administrative License, Transcripts and Three letters of recommendation on Talented Recruit and Hire @ https://sisters.cloud.talentedk12.com/hire/index.aspx (Link on webpage).
Contact: Tracy Suckow in the HR Department for any questions regarding this position @ 541 549-8521 #5021 or email@example.com
Sisters School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer