JOB TITLE: Payroll Specialist
REPORTS TO: Business Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to perform all payroll functions for the district including payment of payroll vendors, filing all reports, and maintaining all records related to payroll. Full job description available upon request.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Criminal history clearance (background check and HB 2062).
3. Proficiency in a variety of computer/technology skills and ability to learn new programs.
4. Foundation of understanding of tax and other regulations related to payroll.
1. Experience in education related workplace.
2. Spanish speaker.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain all payroll data system files and coordinate all monthly payroll data entries, including time cards.
2. Generate and distribute monthly payroll checks and enter payroll information for all employees.
3. Process all payments for employee and employer benefits and coordinate all insurance and benefits.
4. Pay monthly/quarterly payroll liabilities.
5. Act as district contact for payroll/voluntary deductions and garnishments.
6. Generate all quarterly and year-end payroll reports, e.g. W-2, payroll tax quarterlies.
7. Download employee data for building use, or for departmental or administrative reports.
8. Work cooperatively with building staff to obtain payroll information in a timely, accurate and orderly manner.
9. Establish and maintain professional relationships with staff, supervisors, vendors, governmental and private agencies, and the public.
10. Process requests for verification of employment and salary.
11. Attend meetings and/or training related to payroll duties as needed and directed.
12. Awareness and understanding of general purposes and goals of public education and willingness to operate within district procedures, Board policy, and state and federal laws and regulations.
13. Performs record keeping tasks as assigned.
14. Researches, creates, inputs, formats, organizes and edits relevant data as needed or requested.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-month position with excellent benefits package. Pay range: $20.00 - $23.75
TO APPLY: Go to the Seaside School District website employment page, http://www.seaside.k12.or.us/employment, and follow the instructions and link to complete the online application.
TIMELINE: Closing date: Open until filled.
The Seaside School District, in support of employment practices free of barriers to disabled individuals and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, provides reasonable accommodations necessary upon request and appropriate notice. For further information or assistance, contact the Business Manager at (503)738-5591. Speech/hearing impaired individuals may reach the District through the Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 1(800)735-2900.