Ione School District (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Ione, Oregon
Enrollment: 150 students (approx.)
Base Salary: $101,000 to $116,000 annually plus benefits
Closing Date: Feb. 10, 2021
Start Date: July 1, 2021
About the Position
The Ione School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as Superintendent/Principal beginning July 1, 2021. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community. The Board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate with an annual base salary range of $101,000 - $116,000 plus benefits.
The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license and will have the following personal and professional qualities:
• Effective, transparent communication and good listening skills.
• Background in teaching and building administration preferably in communities similar to Ione.
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all.
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; works well with others; possesses a good sense of humor.
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicates the reasons.
• A high degree of integrity/honesty; strong core values; culturally competent.
• Willing to become an active participant in both Ione schools and the community; highly visible.
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and budgeting skills.
• An empowering leadership style that collaborates, builds consensus, teamwork and inspires while building a respectful work environment.
About the District
The Ione School District is a public charter school district which serves approximately 150 students in grades K-12 in one K-6 elementary school and one 7-12 middle/high school. The district employs a staff of 17 licensed staff; 12 classified staff; one confidential staff; and two administrative staff. The district has two active bond projects and operates with a general fund budget of approximately $4.0 million. The District provides iPads for each student in grades 6-12 and iPad labs for students in grades K–5. As a part of the facilities, Ione SD has an outdoor heated pool and provides elementary students lessons in the fall and spring. The Eastern Promise program offers over 50 college credits each year for high school students. The music program of choral and instrumental performances is available for students in grades K to 12.
About the Area
Ione is a small farming community with about 325 residents located in north eastern Oregon in Morrow County along Highway 74. Route 74 forms part of the Blue Mountain Scenic Byway, a 130-mile set of roads connecting I-84 along the Columbia River with the North Fork John Day River in the Blue Mountains. Part of the route follows the Willow Creek drainage through Ione. The historic Oregon Trail crosses nearby at Well Springs.
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board
How to Submit an Application
Application packets are submitted to Oregon School Boards Association – Executive Search (www.osba.org/execjobs) via the Revelus application portal (see the link below). All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal. The application packet must be submitted by 5 pm on the closing day.
OSBA Revelus application portal: https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com/
For information regarding the position, contact:
Milt Dennison, Executive Search Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org • 503.334-.6536
For questions regarding the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist at email@example.com • 503.400.3047 (direct) • 800.578.6722 • 503.588.2813 (Fax)
Ione School District is an equal opportunity employer.