Central Curry School District (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Gold Beach, Oregon
Enrollment: 440 students
Base Salary: $105,000 to $120,000 annually plus benefits
Closing Date: Feb. 1, 2021
Start Date: July 1, 2021
About the Position
The Central Curry School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as Superintendent beginning July 1, 2021. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community. The Board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate with an annual base salary range of $105,000 - $120,000 plus benefits. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license.
The successful candidate also must demonstrate the following qualities:
• Effective communication and listening skills;
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency);
• Background in teaching and building administration (instructional leadership) preferably in small rural communities;
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values;
• Empowering innovative leadership that collaborates with community and staff committed to serving all kids K-12;
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; good sense of humor;
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills;
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success;
• Works well with others with a high-degree of cultural competency.
About the District
The Central Curry School District is comprised of about 440 students in one elementary (K-8) and one high school (9-12). The district employs a staff of 29 licensed employees, 29 classified employees, three confidential employees, and six administrators. The district has a general fund budget of approximately $7 million and a bond.
About the Area
Gold Beach is a town located on the beautiful southern Oregon coast with a population of 2,255 where the world-famous Rogue River meets the Pacific Ocean about 40 miles north of the California border. Although rural in nature, Gold Beach is the county seat of Curry County and is home to a new state of the art regional community hospital. Gold Beach has a Mediterranean-like climate with relatively warm and dry summers. Winters rarely, if ever, drop below freezing. It’s often referred to as the “banana belt” of the Pacific Northwest because its year-round climate is more temperate than anywhere else on the coast.
Beautiful trees, mountains, rivers, beaches and Pacific Ocean define the landscape. Activities in the area include fishing, rafting, whale watching, windsurfing, and hiking. Adventure seekers can enjoy jet boat tours on the Rogue River, while land-lovers can take a picturesque drive on Highway 101 south of Gold Beach, a stretch that was voted one of the best scenic routes in America. Numerous festivals punctuate the year including the South Coast Writers Conference, Brew and Art Festival, the Fourth of July Festival and “Whale of a Wine Fest” to name a few.
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board
How to Submit an Application
Application packets are submitted to Oregon School Boards Association – Executive Search (www.osba.org/execjobs) via the Revelus application portal (see the link below). All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal. The application packet must be submitted by 5 pm on the closing day.
OSBA Revelus application portal: https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com/
For information regarding the position, contact:
Steve Kelley, Director of Board Development and Executive Searches email@example.com • 503.588.2800 • 800.578.6722 • 503.588.2813 (Fax)
For questions regarding the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org • 503.400.3047 (direct) • 800.578.6722 • 503.588.2813 (Fax)
Central Curry School District is an equal opportunity employer.