Philomath School District (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Enrollment: 1,600 students
Base Salary: $135,000 to $145,000 plus benefits
Closing Date: Feb. 3, 2021
Start Date: July 1, 2021
The Philomath School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as Superintendent beginning July 1, 2021. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community. The School Board will offer an annual base salary in the range $135,000 to $145,000 plus benefits.
About the Position
The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license and will have the following personal and professional qualities:
• Effective, transparent communication and good listening skills.
• Background in teaching and building administration preferably in communities with diverse populations similar to Philomath.
• High degree of integrity/honesty; respectful of all groups; strong core values; culturally competent.
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids.
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; works well with others; good sense of humor.
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency).
• An empowering leadership style that collaborates, builds consensus and inspires while building a respectful work environment.
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills.
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success.
• Highly visible; actively participates in school and community activities.
About the District
The Philomath School District is comprised of about 1,600 students in one primary, two elementary, one middle and one high school. The district also oversees a K-12 charter school and K-12 Philomath Academy. The district employs a staff of 96 licensed employees, 68 classified employees, 12 confidential employees, and ten administrators. The district has a general fund budget of $22.5 million and a total budget of $37.7 million. The District’s vision is to Graduate EVERY student and transition each of them into a job, training, or college. The high school graduates about 92% of its seniors each year.
About the Community
Known as the City of Volunteers, the Philomath School District enjoys the strong support of a family-oriented community. Philomath has a population of about 5,700 and is located in the southern Willamette Valley just five miles from Corvallis and Oregon State University and fifty miles from Eugene, Oregon’s second largest city and home to the University of Oregon. Benton County Historical Museum, completed in 1867, is a commanding structure that still serves as the centerpiece of the community. Recreational opportunities such as hunting, fishing, hiking and the scenic Oregon coast are all within a short drive.
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board
How to Submit an Application
Application packets are submitted to Oregon School Boards Association – Executive Search (www.osba.org/execjobs) via the Revelus application portal (see the link below). All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal. The application packet must be submitted by 5 pm on the closing day.
OSBA Revelus application portal: https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com/
Regarding the position and the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist (OSBA); email@example.com ; 503.400.3047 (direct) ; 800.578.6722 (office); 503.588.2813 (Fax)
The Philomath School District is an equal opportunity employer.