You are here
COSA members asked to testify at Ways and Means regional hearings
WAYS & MEANS COMMITTEE SCHEDULES COMMUNITY HEARINGS ACROSS OREGON
(SALEM) – The Oregon Legislature’s Joint Ways and Means Committee will kick off a series of public hearings on the state budget Friday evening at Eastern Oregon University in La Grande.
COSA is encouraging members to testify, and also turn out staff, parents, board members, etc., to testify, at the nearest hearing. We recommend that you 1) share what $7.255 billion means for students in your district, including any staff, days or program cuts your are considering; 2) compare your anticipated 2015-16 staffing and program levels to pre-recession levels; 3) discuss how you would use the additional funding provided by an SSF of $7.5 billion (or more) to benefit your students, and 4) help legislators understand why, despite the 50-50 split, you will likely need to budget as if it were 49-51.
Hearing sites and times include:
- Friday, April 10 – La Grande, 5:30-7 p.m. in the Gilbert Center at EOU
- Saturday, April 11 – Boardman, 12:30-2 p.m. at the SAGE Center at the Port of Morrow
- Tuesday, April 14 – Lincoln City, 6:30-8 p.m. in the Lincoln City Cultural Center
- Thursday, April 16 – Gresham, 7- 8:30 p.m. at Mt. Hood Community College
- Tuesday, April 21 – Portland 7-8:30 p.m. at the Portland Community College Rock Creek Campus
- Thursday, April 23 – Springfield, 6:30-8 p.m. in the Council Chambers at Springfield City Hall
- Friday, April 24 – Klamath Falls, 5:30-7 p.m. at the Oregon Institute of Technology
- Saturday, April 25 – Grants Pass, 12:30-2 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center Lecture Hall at Grants Pass High School
All hearings will be open to the public and members of the press.