You are here
OESPA sponsors the Elementary Principal of the Year/National Distinguished Principal (NDP) Award each year, which honors elementary and K-8 principals. For members wishing to nominate a colleague, please follow the following guidelines:
Oregon Elementary Principal of the Year/National Distinguished Principal
The process for this award begins in January.
- The nominee must be an active elementary and/or middle school principal, and a current member of OESPA.
- To access the criteria, procedure & timeline, CLICK HERE.
- Complete the form below and upload by 9pm on March 10, 2021.
- The OESPA Executive Committee will select the Oregon recipient. If the Oregon recipient has been an NAESP member for at least 3 years, they may then submit the national application. The completed packet will be online and due to NAESP in May.
- The Oregon recipient will be honored at the Annual COSA Conference in June, and the OESPA Principals Conference in April.
Please direct questions to Joanne Fey: firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to our 2020 OESPA National Distinguished Principal of the Year!
John Tolan, Island City Elementary School, La Grande SD - Click here to view the award video.