You are here
2019-2020 New Principals Academy
Focused on professional learning that will provide relevant just-in-time information and interactive activities designed to support new K-12 principals and other school administrators.
Professional support provided by COSA staff, OESPA and OASSA leadership, and experienced administrators throughout Oregon.
Participation includes registration to four of COSA’s premier professional learning events: the Summer Teaching, Learning, & Assessment Team Institute, the Secondary Principals Conference, Early Learning Conference, the Oregon School Law Conference, and the English Learners
Participation includes ongoing mentoring throughout the 2019/20 school year by OESPA and OASSA Executive Committee members.
- Getting to Know Your Stakeholders: Staff, Students, Parents and the Community
- Preparing for the First 100 Days: Understanding Programs and Systems
- Communicating Your Why: Build Culture on Day One
- Lessons from the Field: Oregon’s 2019 Principals of the Year
- Policies, Practices and Procedures: Investigating and Documenting
- Budget Development and Management
- Regional Visitations to Oregon’s Exemplary Schools
Please note: The session on October 16th is for Secondary Principals only and the session on October 21st is for Elementary Principals only.
Graduate Eugene (formerly Hilton)
66 East 6th Ave
Eugene, OR 97401
October 21st Location:
Sheraton PDX Hotel
8235 NE Airport Way
Portland, OR 97220