You are here
2019-2020 Early Learning Leadership Academy
The April 22 session will be available online. Academy participants will receive connection information via email.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Do you want to learn more about early learning and how to start or improve your K-12 school-based pre-school?
Space will be limited to 50 attendees
Cost - $297
The academy is designed for teams of 2-3 participants.
Teams must include at least one elementary school principal.
- Part 1 - October 23, 2019 - 12:00pm to 3:00pm (post-conference session at the 2019 Early Learning Conference)
- Part 2 - Guided Visits at Model Pre-School (Date TBD by Participants)
- Part 3 - April 22, 2020 - 12:00pm to 3:00pm (online session via Zoom platform -- connection details to come soon)
- Karen Twain, Director of Programs, Children’s Institute
- Pam Allyn, International Literacy Expert
- Ericka Guynes, Principal, Earl Boyles Elementary School
- Kate Barker, Principal, Cherry Park Elementary School
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Understanding the Essentials of Early Education-Parent Voice, Effective Instructional Leaders, Collaborative Teachers, Involved Families, Supportive Environment, and Ambitious Instruction.
- Practical Next Steps to Implementation of Pre-K Program (What’s needed in your community/district?)
- Facilitated conversation related to planning
- Comprehensive approach to literacy learning for our youngest learners: Authentic text and engagement through talk, play and early writing experiences. Framework to support all students into lifelong readers, writers and learners.
- Guided Visit of Model Pre-School