2019 Early Learning Regional Spring Seminars
Focusing on the Young Child PreK-3rd Grade
- The Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education (OCCD) is sponsoring this session in collaboration with COSA
- The training session Focusing on the Young Child: Literacy and Language for Early Learners has been approved by the Oregon Registry Trainer Program for 3-6 hours in the core knowledge category of Learning Environments and Curriculum (LEC)
- Set Two (Intermediate) level
Ernesto Sandoval Rodriguez, Jr., Director of Early Childhood, West Region, Scholastic Education - Bio
Dates / Locations / Registration:
Focused for Pre3-3rd Grade Learners
Agenda (same agenda for both Roseburg and Bend locations):
- Welcome and Strategic Plan Presentation
- Guided Conversation with Dinner (provided)
- Ernesto Rodriguez - Literacy and Language for Early Learners
Workshop: Talk Matters: Focusing On Meaningful Conversations: Engaging children in meaningful language throughout the day helps to build oral language development. Language is the process of Speaking and Listening to communicate meaning. Children learn language as they interact with responsive adults and peers and experience language use in meaningful context.
- Learn, practice, and create instructional tools to enhance young learners meaningful oral communication
- Learn strategies that are researched base, best practices, that include scaffold instruction for young learners
- Learn to make connections for integrated approaches for young learners throughout the day of a young child
Limited scholarships available for both locations on a first come, first served basis.
Roseburg location scholarships are reserved for Early Care Providers. Priority will be given to those in Douglas, Klamath and Lake Counties. Please contact 541-440-4774.
Bend location scholarships are reserved for COCC ECE Students or Early Care Providers. Please contact 541-693-5769.