You are here
2021 OASE/OACOA Winter Conference (Virtual)
The virtual Oregon Conference for Superintendents, Central Office Administrators will take place this year from January 28-29th. OASE and OACOA will welcome their members to explore best practices and planning for the future challenges related to educational administration, policy and leadership. COSA brings exemplary speakers to present on critical issues that affect students, learning, communities and school systems. Preparation for the upcoming Legislative Session leanings as well as important budgeting and personnel issues are all shared related to implementation of the Student Success Act. By far the most critical timing and highest priority topics of the year are addressed at this Statewide Conference.
OACOA Sponsored Pre-Conference (January 27th, 9:00-12:00):
OACOA Seminar Series - To Learn more click here.
OASE Sponsored Pre-Conference (January 28th, 1:00-4:00):
Off-the-Record Meeting - To learn more click here.
Featured Main Conference Speakers:
- John Hattie, Researcher in Education, Visible Learning - Bio
- Karen Mapp, Senior Lecturer on Education, Faculty Director, Education Policy and Management, Harvard - Bio
- Nancy Hungerford, Attorney, The Hungerford Law Firm
- Noelle Ellerson Ng, Associate Executive Director, Advocacy And Governance, AASA - Bio
OASE and OACOA Presidents:
The OASE and OACOA Presidents invite you to join us as we celebrate Oregon Superintendent of the Year and OACOA Excellence in Education award winners Friday, January 29th..
- Mark Witty, Superintendent, Baker SD - OASE President
- Elaine Fox, Executive Director of Special Programs, Hillsboro SD
Featured Sessions to Include:
- Linking Family Engagement Initiatives to Student Learning and Achievement
- Developing Culturally Responsive Leadership
- Inclusive Teaching and Learning
- Oregon Health Authority
- Kids in Transition Back to School, Best Practice
- Exploring Solutions for Cohesive Assessment and Accountability
- Early Learning Planning
- Thought Exchange
- All Students Belong
- Legislative Update
- Unpacking Comprehensive SIA Guidance While Keeping Eyes on the Horizon: Supporting District Understanding of Recent State Investments (multiple sessions)