You are here
2022 OACOA/OASE/OSPRA Winter Conference
Click here to download the conference program.
The Oregon State Conference for Superintendents, Central Office Administrators, and Oregon School Public Relations Association is organized by COSA and will take place this year from January 27-29. OASE, OACOA, and OSPRA welcome their members to the Winter Conference to explore best practices and possibilities in areas such as educational administration, policy and leadership. COSA brings in exemplary speakers to discuss critical issues that affect students, leaders, communities and school systems. Preparations for the upcoming legislative session will be shared, as will important budgeting and personnel issues. By far, the most critical timing and highest priority topics of the year are addressed at this statewide conference.
Due to a change in health conditions surrounding COVID, we are adjusting our format for the Winter Conference.
- All events on Thursday and Friday, Jan. 27 & Jan. 28, will be held virtually via Zoom.
- The session on Saturday, Jan. 29, will be hybrid – offered both virtually and onsite at Salishan.
Participants who arrive at Salishan on Friday, Jan. 28, are invited to gather in the Longhouse to "attend" the virtual sessions with colleagues. A 6 p.m. reception hosted by Curriculum Associates will be in the registration area near the Long House. Onsite participants must be fully vaccinated (including a booster if eligible) and show proof of vaccination (with card or on phone) and wear a N95 or double mask when not eating or drinking on site. Please know that our top priority is your health.
If you plan on canceling or changing your Salishan reservation: Call 541.764.3600 or email email@example.com with changes. You must cancel your reservation within 72 hours prior to your arrival or a cancellation fee will apply. People who do not check in and do not cancel their reservations will incur a no-show charge.
Featured Main Conference Speakers:
- Noelle Ellerson Ng, Associate Executive Director, Advocacy and Governance, AASA - Bio
- Laura van Dernoot Lipsky, Founder and Director, The Trauma Stewardship Institute - Bio
- Nancy Hungerford, Attorney, The Hungerford Law Firm
- OASE - Tim Sweeney, Superintendent, Coquille SD
- OACOA - Cynthia Richardson, Director of Student Equity, Access and Assessment, Salem-Keizer SD
- Brent Barry, Phoenix-Talent SD, Oregon Superintendent of the Year
Featured Sessions to Include:
- Build the Best Partnerships: Create a Culture of Staff Support
- The One You Feed: Hacking Happiness and Creating Cultures that Support the Success of All Students
- Beaverton School District Launches a Fentanyl Awareness Campaign
- Nancy Hungerford and Friends Workshop
- What do I do now?
- Important Updates from ODE
- Continuous Improvement: Keeping the Gears in Motion with 100 Day Planning
- OSAA Updates
- Communicating through Change in a VUCA World (VUCA: Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) How to move your organization forward, when there seems to be no right answer
- Every Student Belongs - Actionable Steps to Respond to Biased Incidents, Restore, and Build Community
- Employee Health and Well-being Matters in Oregon Schools
- 2022 Legislative Session Preview
- Setting the Stage for Equitable Outcomes, Starting with Kindergarten Transition
- The Resilient Educator
- Teaching Other People's Children As Our Own
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion--The School Administrator's Role and Legal Responsibilities
- The ABC’s of Early Warning Systems
- Evolve from Surviving to Thriving!
- Creating Trauma-Informed School Systems on the South Coast for our students!
- Why are there so few women superintendents and superintendents of color?
- New Superintendents Academy
- Exhibitor Services
- Award Luncheon
- Saturday Hungerford Session:
- Bargaining During a Pandemic
- Staff Evaluations – Post COVID
- ESSER III
If you are registering someone other than yourself or need to register a group, please contact Sera Lockwood, firstname.lastname@example.org or call the COSA office at 503-581-3141 and we will process their registrations. Registration includes: Boxed Lunch for those attending the OACOA Seminar Series on Saturday, and printed materials. Cancellation Policy: Failure to cancel 72 hours in advance will result in a $95 cancellation fee. No shows will be charged the full conference rate. If you have any registration questions or cancellations, please e-mail email@example.com.
Click here to make your room reservation at Salishan.
Inn at Spanish Head Resort Hotel
4009 SW Highway101
Lincoln City, OR 97367
Best Western Plus Landmark Inn
4430 SW Hwy 101
Lincoln City, OR 97367
(541) 994-6060 (call in only)
Group code: COSA Group