Special Education Teacher Opening
Amity School District 4-J is seeking qualified applicants for a Special Education teaching position at Amity Elementary School. If you are energetic, enthusiastic, love kids, and want to be part of a great staff, review the specific qualifications and apply. Amity School District is on a four-day school week.
The applicant must:
1. Hold a valid Oregon Teaching License with a Handicapped Learner Endorsement.
2. Have the ability to adapt the District curriculum to meet the needs of handicapped students.
3. Have strong verbal communication skills for conducting meetings and interacting with staff.
4. Possess strong skills for working with, managing and scheduling Instructional Assistants within the LRC program.
5. Have ability to design programs for students that address transition needs.
6. Have strong knowledge of CCSS and Smarter Balanced Assessment.
7. Have ability to work with students individually and in small groups
8. Have ability to develop personal schedule and timeline for completion of projects.
9. Have training in interpretation of assessment results.
10. Have strong oral and written communication skills, including proper word usage, punctuation and correct spelling.
11. Possess strong skills for use of current educational technology and a high aptitude for mastering new technology applications. This includes computers and software, SMART boards and document cameras.
12. Be familiar with the social and emotional needs of middle school students.
13. Have working knowledge of Positive Behavior Supports.
14. Perform such other tasks as may seem to be appropriate to the Board or Administrator
August 23, 2018
Placement on the Amity School District Teaching Salary Schedule
Open Until Filled
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE EMAIL THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO firstname.lastname@example.org
• Oregon Statewide Teaching Application and An Equal Opportunity Employer Form (available at www.amity.k12.or.us)
• Three letters of reference
• Cover letter and statement addressing the job qualifications
• Unofficial transcripts
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990. Persons with disabilities may contact Jeff Clark at 503-835-2171 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired person may contact the District with assistance through the Oregon Relay at 1-800-735-2900.