2018-2019 New Special ED Directors Seminar Series
This new seminar series is dedicated to supporting new Directors/Coordinators during their first, second and/or third year of serving their school district as Special Education Directors.
Additional opportunities to network with Special Education directors will occur during the OACOA Seminar Series: September 21, January 25-26 and April 19 for the job-alike portion of the agenda. These meetings will focus on current concerns from the field and areas that need clarifying. Special Education focused seminars are being planned for October 3, November 16 and February 8. Seminars will be held at the Red Lion in Salem.
October 3, 2018 (Fall SPED Pre-Conference, Eugene)
- Mentor Support
- An Initial Look at Using RTI for SLD Identification: Scientific, Legal, and Educational Foundations
November 16, 2018 (Red Lion, Salem) - Agenda
- Leadership in the Face of Strong Advocacy
- Budgeting 101 for Special Ed
- Timelines, and Compliance: Writing a Good FBA and BSP
- Wearing Multiple Hats
- Working with Challenging Parents, Advocates and Attorneys
February 8, 2019 (Red Lion, Salem)
- Low Incident Programs
- Transition Programs
- Ell and SPED