You are here
2021 Summer Conference
August 5, 2021 - Realtime Virtual Presentations to Support District Planning - All sessions on August 5th will be recorded live and made available to registrants for 45 days to assist in your district planning.
"Preparing for Our New School Year"
Designed to provide the best information available to assist your team in the planning process for this upcoming school year.
Click here to download the conference program.
Keynoters / Special Presentations by:
- Jenni Kotting, Communications Consultant - Bio
- Richard Gray, Director of the Center for Community Organizing & Engagement, NYU - Bio
- Jenni & Richard keynote: "Critical Race Theory: Undercurrents, Histories, and Bridging Divides Amidst Backlash"
- Jenni & Richard breakout: "Engagement & Communications Planning to Double Down on Equity beyond Critical Race Theory"
- Special Panel Discussion that will Share Planning Strategies and Plans for the Upcoming School Year
Session topics presented by ODE specialists focused on latest information and plans for the upcoming school year:
- Planning for ESSER III Funding while responding to students strengths and needs
- Creating Cultures of Care for the upcoming School Year.
- Oregon’s Vision for Work Based Learning (Perkins)
- Best Practices for LGBTQ2SIA+ Inclusion Across All Areas
- What Matters Most in Digital Learning and Design
- Implementing Community Engagement Tool Kit for the New Year
- The Oregon Math Project Promoting Student Centered Approach to Solve Authentic Problems of Tomorrow
Professional educators from around the state present on topics of high priority for the new year:
- Creating Language Skills to Create a Positive Learning Environment
- Engagement and Communications: Planning to Double Down on Equity and Critical Race Theory
- Legislative Update: What is impacting Education This Year
- Implementing Early Warning Systems by Using Indicators and Interviews
- Setting Individual Learning Targets to Achieve Performance goals
- Designing the Most Impactful Remote and Hybrid Learning Model
- What have we learned about Technology and How Best to Move Forward
- Multi-Channeled Strategies to improve Engagement and Graduation
August 4, 2021 - Academies (face-to-face)
- New Special Education Directors Academy - Click here to register - Graduate Eugene, Hellman Room
- New Superintendent Academy - Click here to register - Graduate Eugene - Wilder Room
- New Principals Academy - Click here to register - Graduate Eugene, WIlliams Rooms
- General Session for all groups will be from 8:00-9:00 in the Hellman Room.
If you are registering someone other than yourself or need to register a group, please contact Sera Lockwood, email@example.com or call the COSA office at 503-581-3141 and we will process their registrations.
Zoom Links will be sent out on Monday, August 2nd via e-mail.