You are here
2022 48th Annual COSA Seaside Conference
June 22, 2022 | Pre-Conference: Workshops and Welcome Reception
June 23, 2022 | Main Conference Day 1
June 24, 2022 | Main Conference Day 2
Don’t miss out this June on a chance to reimagine, reconnect and recharge with colleagues from around Oregon.
This conference will be a face-to-face, in-person event. Masks are optional. Please know that our top priority is your health. We hope to see you in Seaside!
Wednesday Special Education and Inclusion Pre-Conference (9:00-12:45)
Click here for the pre-conference schedule.
"Special Education Law: What To Know From This Year And Headed Into Next Year" - description
- Tenneal Wetherell, Assistant Superintendent-Office of Enhancing Student Opportunities, ODE
- Joel Hungerford, Attorney, The Hungerford Law Firm
- What is on the Horizon for the 2022-2023 School Year - description
- High-Quality Inclusion in Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education - description
- What is on the Horizon for the 2022-2023 School Year (repeat session) - description
- Making Motivation More Intrinsic: What’s at the Heart of All SEL Programming - description
- Legislative Update and Discussion with Morgan Allen
Wednesday Afternoon Workshops (1:00-4:00)
"Creating Sustainable Trauma-Informed Schools Systems (TISS): A Partnership between South Coast ESD and the UO" - description
- Nancy Golden, Professor of Practice at the College of Education, UO
"Embracing Continuous School Improvement through the Cognia Accreditation Process" - description
- Dale Kleinert, Vice President, Northwest Region, Cognia
- Becky Wells, Regional Director, Oregon, Cognia
Featured Main Conference Speakers:
Click here to view the breakout sessions.
- Phil Boyte, Keynote Speaker, Culture Coach, Professional Development and Culture Summit Facilitator - Bio
- Click here for Phil's sessions.
- Colt Gill, Director, Oregon Department of Education - Bio
- Nancy Hungerford, Attorney, The Hungerford Law Firm
- Dr. Bryant Marks, Sr., Founder and CEO - National Training Institute on Race and Equity - Bio
- Brent Barry, Phoenix-Talent School District (OASE Superintendent of the Year)
- To be announced (OACOA Achievement of Excellence)
- Michelle Jonas, Crook County High School (OASSA HS Principal of the Year)
- Katherine Holden, Ashland SD (National Assistant Principal of the Year/OASSA Assistant Principal of the Year)
- Charlie Jett, Two Rivers-Dos Rios Elem., Springfield SD (OESPA National Distinguished Principal of the Year)
- Beth Burton, Superintendent, Stanfield SD (OSSA Administrator of the Year)
- COSA Golf Classic Tournament - click here to register
- Fun Run - click here to register
- Family Fun Night - learn more
- Big Tent Reception - learn more
Holiday Inn Express
34 Holladay Drive
Seaside, OR 97138
Rivertide Suites Hotel
102 N Holladay Drive
Seaside, OR 97138
A 15% discount for the nights of 6/21 to 6/24 is available at the following locations. Attendees can book directly by phone or website (use group code COSA22). This discount is not available for reservations made through 3rd party travel sites.
Inn at Seaside
River Inn at Seaside