You are here
2022 48th Annual COSA Seaside Conference
June 22, 2022 | Pre-Conference Workshops and Welcome Reception
June 23, 2022 | Main Conference Day 1
June 24, 2022 | Main Conference Day 2
Don’t miss out this June on a chance to reimagine, reconnect and recharge with colleagues from around Oregon.
This conference will be a face-to-face in-person event. Masks are optional. Please know that our top priority is your health. We hope to see you in Seaside!
Pre-Conference Speakers & Sessions:
"Special Education and Inclusion"
- Joel Hungerford, Attorney, The Hungerford Law Firm
- Tenneal Wetherell, Principal Executive/Manager, Oregon Department of Education
"Making Motivation More Intrinsic,: What’s at the Heart of All SEL Programming"
- David Streight, Resident Scholar, SEL4OR Leadership Team
"Creating and Sustaining Trauma Informed School Systems (TISS)"
- Nancy Golden, Professor of Practice at the College of Education, UO
"Embracing Continuous School Improvement through the Cognia Accreditation Process" - download flyer
- Dale Kleinert, Vice President, Northwest Region, Cognia
- Becky Wells, Regional Director, Oregon, Cognia
Featured Main Conference Speakers:
- Phil Boyte, Keynote Speaker, Culture Coach, Professional Development and Culture Summit Facilitator - Bio
- Click here for Phil's sessions.
- Colt Gill, Director, Oregon Department of Education - Bio
- Nancy Hungerford, Attorney, The Hungerford Law Firm
- Dr. Bryant Marks, Sr., Founder and CEO - National Training Institute on Race and Equity - Bio
- Brent Barry, Phoenix-Talent School District (OASE Superintendent of the Year)
- To be announced (OACOA Achievement of Excellence)
- Michelle Jonas, Crook County High School (OASSA HS Principal of the Year)
- Katherine Holden, Ashland SD (National Assistant Principal of the Year/OASSA Assistant Principal of the Year)
- Charlie Jett, Two Rivers-Dos Rios Elem., Springfield SD (OESPA National Distinguished Principal of the Year)
- Beth Burton, Superintendent, Stanfield SD (OSSA Administrator of the Year)
Topics to Include:
- Culturally Responsive Practices
- Social-Emotional Well-Being
- Education Workforce Development
- Well Rounded, Student Centered Outcomes
- Inclusive Practices
- COSA Classic Golf Tournament - click here to register
- Fun Run
- Family Fun Night
- Ice Cream Social
Holiday Inn Express
34 Holladay Drive
Seaside, OR 97138
Rivertide Suites Hotel
102 N Holladay Drive
Seaside, OR 97138
A 15% discount for the nights of 6/21 to 6/24 is available at the following locations. Attendees can book directly by phone or website (use group code COSA22). This discount is not available for reservations made through 3rd party travel sites.
Inn at Seaside
River Inn at Seaside