2017-2018 Principals Seminar 3-Part Series
Measure 98: High School Success
Measure 98 is a 2016 ballot initiative approved by Oregon votes that provides direct funding to school districts to increase high school graduation rates. The Measure identifies three areas where districts must direct funds: establish or expand CTE programs; establish or expand college-level opportunities; establish or expand dropout prevention strategies.
Year-two funds (2018-19) have explicit eligibility requirements which schools and district should immediately begin preparing to demonstrate eligibility toward. Eligibility requirements for year-two funds include:
- Districts must have established a regular time for teachers and staff of students of 9th grade to collaboratively review current data on student absences, grades, and discipline by school and course, and the data must be disaggregated.
- Districts must ensure teachers work collaboratively to develop strategies to ensure students at risk of dropping out stay on-track to graduate.
- Districts must implement evidence-based practices for reducing chronic absenteeism in grades 9-12.
- Districts must establish a system for assigning high school students to advanced and dual-credit courses that avoid bias in course assignments.
- And, districts must implement systems to ensure high school students are taking courses required for on-time graduation.
Will your district be ready to submit your application for year-two funds, and will they be able to demonstrate these explicit eligibility requirements?
Fall Seminar - Click here to register
Monday, October 23, 2017
“Implementation of Measure 98”
Annual Principals Conference – Bend
Winter Seminar - Click here to register
Friday, January 19, 2018
“Finalizing your Application”
Willamette ESD – Salem
- Cleveland High School PowerPoint
- Willamette ESD PowerPoint
- Hillsboro HS PowerPoint
- Hillsboro HS Handouts
- McMinnville HS PowerPoint
Spring Seminar - Click here to register
Friday, April 27, 2018
“Preparing Your Final Budget”
Clackamas ESD - Clackamas