You are here
2021 Annual Seaside Conference
COSA is hosting a hybrid conference this summer! We are planning to offer a Seaside Conference like no other this summer. Participants are invited to be at the Conference Center in person or Zoom in from their school or district.
The conference will be offered on a hybrid structure, where attendees can attend either onsite or remotely. Most presenters will be onsite. Not all sessions will be available in real time to remote participants, but all breakout sessions will be recorded for later viewing. Thank you for your flexibility as we do our best to provide you with attendance options. We hope to see you in Seaside!
Click here to download the conference program. Click here to preview the conference sessions. Breakout session videos are now available! Click here to access the page. Your password was sent in an email on Friday, July 9. Contact us if you need a resend. Seaside conference videos are available for your use until Sept. 1.
- Douglas Fisher, Professor of Educational Leadership, San Diego State University - Bio
- Nancy Frey, Professor of Educational Leadership, San Diego State University - Bio
- Andratesha Fritzgerald, Dir. of Teaching, Learning and Innovation, East Cleveland (OH) City School Districts - Bio
- Nancy Hungerford, Attorney, The Hungerford Law Firm - Bio
- Joel Hungerford, Attorney, The Hungerford Law Firm
- Colt Gill, Director, Oregon Department of Education - Bio
- NCCE Workshop - Technology for Change
- LaShawanta Spears, David Douglas SD (Assistant Principal of the Year)
- Toshiko Maurizio, Beaverton SD (Achievement of Excellence Award)
- Amy Skirvin, Lincoln County SD (Middle School Principal of the Year)
- Erik Jespersen, Salem-Keizer SD (High School Principal of the Year)
- Kate Barker, David Douglas SD (National Distinguished Principal of the Year)
- Christy Perry, Salem-Keizer SD (National Superintendent of the Year)
Topics to Include:
- Culturally Responsive Practices
- Social-Emotional Well-Being
- Education Workforce Development
- Well Rounded, Student Centered Outcomes
- Inclusive Practices
- Rebounding: Best Practices
The most recent CDC, and State/County/guidelines for Seaside Conference June 23-25. Clatsop County, the site of the Seaside Conference, is in a Low Risk category currently. The following guidelines are in place for our event:
“Regardless of requirements in other state guidance related to COVID-19, individuals who are fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination status are not required to wear a mask, face covering or face shield, or maintain physical distancing” The conference policy will be to check that all participants have proof of vaccination upon initial check-in. (Participants must wear their conference nametag throughout the conference)
Those participants who are not vaccinated will have the option to register and attend virtually.