You are here
Full-Day Kindergarten Implementation and Planning Conference
Connect • Engage • Learn
Kindergarten Teachers and School Administrators
for Kindergarten Teachers and School Administrators who have or are implementing full-day kindergarten.
Others welcome to attend.
John Slagle, National Consultant - Bio
Seizing the Kindergarten Day:
Honoring Young Literacy Learners in a CCSS World
One of COSA’s favorite presenters, John will facilitate a rich and interactive session filled with practical strategies for making the most of Kindergarten.
Breakout Session Titles:
- Bring on the CCSS Revolution: A Snapshot Inside a Research Based Full-Day Kindergarten Class
- Children as Scientists: Studying Light as a Reggio-inspired Big Idea
- Closing the "30 Million Word Gap" Through Full-Day K
- Considerations for Implementing Full Day Kindergarten
- Designing and Teaching Story Problems to Build Solid Conceptual Understanding and Strong Mathematical Practices in Kindergarten Students
- Early Childhood Positive Behavior Support
- Engaging Busy Bodies and Brains with Music
- Family Engagement and School Collaboration: A Model to Maximize Student Attendance (PreK through 5)
- Growth Mindset and Social and Emotional Learning (SEL): Critical Link Between the Early Years and Early Grades
- Nurturing Young Mathematicians
- Panel of School Principals Share Stories and Strategies
- Preparing Children for Kindergarten: The Kids In Transition to School (KITS) Program
- Strong Foundations: Essential Components of a Full Day K Program
Developmentally appropriate, rigorous, and meaningful classroom conditions and instructional approaches will be modeled and participants will come away with nine innovative and effective tools - ready to put into action.
Full Day Kindergarten Friday, February 27, 2015 (8:30-11:30)
This activity-based workshop is for teachers and those who support kindergarten teachers and kindergarten students.
This half day session includes guiding questions from the presenter to assist teams with planning to improve their full day kindergarten programs and/or with implementation planning. There will be some instruction, interactive group activity time and planning time.