You are here
40th Annual COSA Seaside Conference
The Future is Ours to Create:
Celebrating Leaders...Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
Two Pre-Conference Opportunities - Sign Up For One
Special Ed Pre-Conference - June 18, 2014 (8:00-3:30)
Morning Keynote Speaker:
Samuel Ortiz, Professor of Psychology, St. John’s University, New York - Bio
Afternoon Keynote Speaker:
Andrea Hungerford, Attorney, The Hungerford Law Firm - Bio
"2014: Hot Topics in Special Education "
Safety Pre-Conference - June 18, 2014 (9:00-3:00)
Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans
Susan Graves, Office of Safe and Healthy Schools, U.S. Department of Education; Lincoln County SD, Safety Coordinator - Bio
This training session, Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans, will provide an overview of the recently released guide, designed to help schools develop and implement high-quality emergency operations plans (EOPs), and describe the principles and processes that will help ensure planning efforts are aligned with the emergency planning practices at the national, state, and local levels. Specifically, this training will provide participants with an overview of:
- The key principles for developing a comprehensive EOP for a school;
- The planning process for developing, implementing and refining an EOP for a school;
- The form, function, and content of a school EOP; and
- Topics that support emergency operations planning including school climate, information sharing, active shooter situations, and psychological first aid for schools.
Main Conference - June 19-20, 2014:
Rob Saxton, Deputy Superintendent, Oregon Department of Education - Bio
Nancy Golden, Chief Education Officer, Oregon Education Investment Board - Bio
Nancy Hungerford, Attorney, The Hungerford Law Firm, LLP - Bio
Awards Presentation Schedule:
- Superintendent of the Year and Middle School Principal of the Year - General Session 1, Thursday June 19, 8:00-9:45 am
- High School Principal of the Year, OACOA Achievement of Excellence Award and Bev Gladder Award - General Session 2, Thursday June 19, 12:45-2:00 pm
- Elementary Principal of Year and Assistant Principal of the Year - General Session 3, Friday June 20, 9:15-10:45 am
- Presidents Award and Oregon Small School Award, General Session 4, Friday, June 20, 11:00 am-12:00 pm
- COSA Classic Golf Tournament - Click here to register.
- Presidents Reception featuring "Leaders who Laugh, Last" by Wavelength (Wednesday, June 18, 2014, from 6:30-9:30 pm). Wavelength is an award-winning ensemble of actors and educators dedicated to using humor and improvisation to create theatrical keynote performances for professional staff development training for educators. Founded in 1980 by a former high school English teacher, Wavelength has created memorable, transformative professional development training for over 30 years. Like an edition of 'Saturday Night Live' written especially for educators.
To view award videos click the links below: