You are here
Northwest Proficiency Conference
Leadership Grit: Making Tough Decisions for Student Learning
Click here to download the promotional flyer.
Jaime Robles, Principal, Lindsay High School, CA - Bio
BEC and COSA are thrilled to have Jaime as the keynote speaker at this year's NW Proficiency/Competency Conference. An inspiring and engaging presenter, he will also be delivering three breakout sessions.
Mat Aubuchon, Dir. of Early Childhood Education, Adams County SD, CO -Bio
- Session I: Setting the Stage - Telling our District's Story with Specific Focus on Elementary Schools
- Session II: Recording and Reporting with Specific Supports for Elementary Classrooms and Administrators
- Session III: Competency-based System Instruction in Elementary Classrooms
- Redesigning Instructional Time- Acceleration, Remediation, Advancement
- Grading and Reporting
- Technology Tools for Teachers
- Engaging all Stakeholders
- Communicating with Stakeholders: Lessons Learned the Hard Way
- Competency-based System Instruction in the Elementary Classroom
- Creating a Fluid Master Schedule: How to Offer Students the Ability to Advance Upon Mastery
- Creating a Learner Centered Environment
- Ensuring Proficiency Success: Teachers Helping Teachers through the Newly Designed BEC Proficiency Portal
- Performance Based Education – The Nuts and Bolts
- Process Do’s and Don’ts in Implementing a Proficiency-based Model for 6-12 Schools
- Proficiency Assessment through Content, Create and Community: Ensuring Student Ownership
- Recording and Reporting in a Competency-Based System with Specific Supports for Elementary Classrooms and Administrators
- Setting the Stage: Telling Our District Story with Specific Focus on Elementary Schools
- Shared Leadership: Are You Ready to Get Onboard?
- Strengthening Teacher Approaches to CCSS & NGSS through Proficiency: Lessons from BEC/ODE State Demonstration Sites (Grades 4-8)
- Teaching Smarter Not Harder-Online on-Demand Self-Graded Assessments
- Using Instructional Coaching to Improve Proficiency Practices of Teachers
- George Fox University
- JumpRope, Inc.
- MasteryConnect, Inc.
- Oregon Department of Education
- Oregon Education Association
Reservations can be made at this web address:
To enjoy our special room discount, reservations must be made by March 23rd.